Christmas in July? It is hard to think of a holiday that is 5 months away. It is in the 3 digits here in Southern Oregon and we have seen unusual weather patterns. Just this week we had a severe thunderstorm that caused many downed power lines, tree limbs snapping, and flooding. Important ? Yes! Don’t kid yourself as I am focusing on my Christmas in July Class. Now that is important! Here are 2 examples of my card designs for this class. I will also re-introduce the envelope liners thinlits so that each envelope will have a matching liner to house a finished card.
So I successfully delivered this class and as I was doing the pesentation, I realized the ornate topper punch I had just bought would add to the top of a sled that could close this card. I was so excited, I could not wait to get home and try out my idea.
Stamp Set: Choice of many provided, Festival of Trees (9135059) PG71
Cardstock: Whisper White – 100730 or Shimmery White 100730 pg 148, Cherry Cobler 119685, Christmas DSP 138450P 143, Current DSP Paper. Silver Foil Sheets 132178 Pg 148
Classic Ink Pads: Cherry Cobler 126966, Pg. 140 Always Artichoke 126972 , Pg. 140,
Framelits and Punches: Itty Bitty Accents Punch 133787, Pg166, Tree Punch 135859 pg. 167, Ornate Topper Punch137406, Pg 165. Envelope Liners 111132172, Pg 173
Miscellaneous Dimensionals 104430, Pg 156
- Cut and score white cardstock at 6 X 5 ¼ scored at 1 ½” on the 6” side. White cardstock 5 ¼” X 1”, DSP 5” x ¾”, 5 x 1 ¼”
- cut a little smaller than 2″ by 5″ strip of very vanilla and stamp the hardwood stamp with crumb cake.
- Use the topper punch to cut the strip and then again use it with Cherry Cobler paper.
- Cut a 1/2″ strip and cut off the Cherry Cobler paper to simulate the top of the sled. Glue to the sled base.
- Using th hole that is there , place a brad of choice as a rivit in the sled. On wither side of that brad, punch a hole to insert the thick cherry cobler twine for the sled handle.
- On the base of the sled add black candy dots
- Punch 3 trees from coordinating cardstock
- Layer and place sentiment on your card.
Assembly: Hint the trees are attached to the sled wh ichis attached to the bottom layer by glue dots. An alternate idea is to use the Wonderful Wreath and fasten it the same way as the trees. To add the 3-D Joy, cut 3 or 4 Joy words using the thinlits from Real Red cardstock and using the same thinlit, cut out from Gold Foil Paper and mount on top of the other red “Joy” words. I use Tombo glue or a glue pen to do this.
Thanks for stopping by!
Making an impresssion one stamp at a time!
Independent Stampin’Up! Demonstrator